Monday, April 14, 2008

New Dare - Challenge your Colour Palette

Hi Girls, as you well know I love to use colour in my layouts, my dare for you this time around is to challenge your colour palette, to take on a combination of colours that you would not normally dream to try.

With my layout 'Playtime' I think I have gone a colour step beyond were I would normally go! I pulled the PP's out to scrap with a different, fairly static single photo then decided I wanted to scrap these pics instead but didn't change my PP's!

I have used all the of the bright colours in these photos of Sebastian as my guide but used a bright contrasting Orange to separate the photos and embellies from the background of the page.

For colour inspiration, you could try browsing the paint chips in your hardware store, play around with your kids coloured pencils, tip your blossoms in a pile and find a combination you like, browse kids picture books or just rely on your photos to be your guide.

I keep a bunch of paint combo chips on a big jump ring in with my tools and take pics or notes when I stumble across a colour combo that I want to try.

Have fun! Can't wait to see you bright creations screaming out from the gallery!!
Tatum xx

1 comment:

Terri B said...

LOVING this idea Tatum...will definately be giving this a go!